Looking for something delectable, pop-able, and guilt-free? So was I. After browsing online for muffin recipes with banana and whole wheat, I didn’t find what I wanted in a recipe. So, I created my own! Below you will find the muffins that have what is likely already in your house. No flax seed meal, or vital wheat gluten, or buttermilk.
The recipe makes 60 muffins, and at 33 calories each – you can pack them in groups of 3 for a satisfying sweet treat (or freeze them and thaw as needed)
Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yield: 60 Mini Muffins
Nutrition Facts: 33 Calories, 0.6g Fat, 6.2g Carbohydrates, 0.8g Protein
1 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
1 /4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 cup mashed bananas
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a mini muffin tin.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix together honey, yogurt, bananas, eggs, & vanilla.
4. Add wet mix to dry. Do not over mix!
5. Fold in chocolate chips
6. Fill mini muffin tins
7. Bake 8 minutes
8. Use knife and pop up the side of muffins to cool
9. After 5 minutes, remove from pan and set on cooling rack (or in your mouth)
Up Next: Make your own Laundry Detergent – Under $30 for a year supply!