Here in Upstate New York the Fall season has officially begun! I’ve pulled out our sweaters, made the switch from iced coffee to hot tea, and developed a taste for all things pumpkin. The first pumpkin thing on my agenda this year was scones.
I LOVE SCONES!
Scones can be sweet or savory, breakfast or dessert, biscuity or dense; basically anything you can dream up! For my pumpkin scones I wanted something fluffy, sweet (but not over sweet), and flavorful. I took my favorite scone recipe and with some adjustments, got perfect pumpkin scones.
You have got to taste the addicting little treats! I mean, look at them:
Check out this texture:
It does not get any better than that, folks. It just doesn’t.
MINI PUMPKIN SCONES
Yield: 32 scones Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (heaping, so a little over)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon + ½ tsp nutmeg)
- Optional: 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, & baking powder
- Cut in butter/coconut oil with a fork until mixture is crumbly
- In separate bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, vanilla, & spices
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined – dough will be sticky
- Fold in chips or nuts, if using
- Dump dough onto sheet of wax paper or greased countertop; grease hands and form dough into rectangle (about the size of a 8.5×11 paper)
- With greased knife, cut dough into quarters vertically and horizontally, so you have 16 squares. Cut each square diagonally, ending with 32 mini scones
- Use spatula to transfer scones to cookie sheets, leaving about ½ inch between scones
- Combine cinnamon & sugar for topping and sprinkle generously onto the scones
- Bake in oven 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned
- Transfer to cooling rack, enjoy warm or cool
I’m going to try something new and give you a PDF so you can easily print the recipe, too! Leave me a note and let me know what you think. Is it helpful? I also would love to hear what you’re adding into these! Please comment so I can try 🙂
MINI PUMPKIN SCONES <– Printable PDF!!