I know what you’re thinking.
Why does the world need ANOTHER Alfredo Sauce recipe?!
Good Question. Perhaps it doesn’t. But I would like to suggest that you try this one before dismissing the idea entirely!
Years ago, I would have laughed at the idea of making Alfredo from scratch. Why make something you can easily buy in a jar? Then I started reading ingredient lists. I would never recommend this course of action unless you are ready to rethink the quality of the food entering your body.
I started to make more from scratch, including rolls, soups, desserts, and sauces. This particular sauce is the result of some trial and error and I am rather excited about it!
CREAMY ALFREDO SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 TBSP Flour
- 2/3 C Chicken Stock or Water
- 1/2 C Milk
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Metal Whisk
- Melt Butter in saucepan over medium heat, stir in flour and cook 1-2 minutes
- Slowly add stock/water to flour mixture while whisking to combine. Add milk in the same way.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened
- Add cream cheese, garlic, and salt & peppers, whisking carefully while the cheese melts.
- Whisk vigorously until chunks are combined and sauce is creamy.
- Enjoy over your favorite pasta